So I am a strange person. If you’re reading this, you probably know that much already. I’ve grown somewhat used to and happy with the fact that I’m strange, it’s a lifestyle choice and it’s what has kept me sane, and generally happy with myself for years (at least happy enough to manage on a daily basis.) I’d like to think that in general I’m reasonably well-adjusted, not into the stalking, kidnapping, torturing, murdering, etc. Not my game, sorry folks. I know, I’m so dull.
Professionally, I work in I.T. I like doing this (clearly, otherwise I would have given it up long before now) but periodically I get a pang to work on something more creative. Such as:
- January 1998: Excuses, a weekly newsletter/list style humor publication. I was 12 at the time.
- 2000-2001: Excuses 2000.
- Early 2001: Started writing song parodies. Entered and won grand prize in contest for song/art/poetry contest for Pi Day. (Yes, even the creative pursuits are geeky.)
- 2001-2002: Excuses 3. Took a creative writing class and was member of the club for the school’s literary publication. For some reason never put these two pursuits together. The song parodies were waning by this point. In the interim I’ve written a number of them but never recorded any.
- 2004-2005: Excuses Four.
- 2006: Tried to restart Excuses again, wrote one issue and gave it up.
- 2010: Successfully restarted Excuses again, tried to get into doing some video/podcasting with limited success.
- 2011: Started Wacky on (Wednesday | The Weekend), a comedy radio show on an Internet station in the middle of Indiana. Still doing this to date, and enjoy it. Yes it’s a bit slapdash, but 1. I’m not getting paid, and 2. It adds to the charm. Kind of.
So I’ll put it out there, and please add a comment if you feel like you’ve got something to add to my dilemma. Thanks for reading/commenting, and have a great day.